Regulation of Hong Kong Association for Science and Technology
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 Name
The Chinese name of the association is“香港科學技術協會”, English name is“Hong Kong Association for Science and Technology”.
Article 2 The nature of the association
The Association is a non-profit organization.
Article 3 Purpose
The purpose is to Promote the development of science and technology.
Chapter 2 Members
Article 4 Membership Qualifications
Anyone who agrees with the purpose and the regulation of association can apply for membership .Applyer can become members after being approved by the Council of the Association.
Article 5 Member rights and obligations
(1) Members have the right to vote and be elected, and have the right to hold all activities and benefits of the Association.
(2) Members are obliged to abide by the articles of association and resolutions, and pay membership dues.
Chapter 3 Organizational Structure
Article 6 Institutions
The organization of the association includes the general assembly, council, and the board of supervisors.
Article 7 General Assembly
(1) The highest authority of the association is the general assembly, which is responsible for formulating or revising the articles of association; electing the president, vice president, secretary, and members of the board of directors and the board of supervisors; deciding on the policy of the conference; reviewing and approving the work report of the board of directors.
(2) The General Assembly shall have one president, several vice presidents and several secretaries. Each term is three years and may be re-elected.
(3) The general meeting of members shall be held once a year and shall be convened at least eight days in advance by registered mail or signature. The date, time, place and agenda of the meeting shall be indicated in the notice. In case of major or special matters, a special general meeting shall be held.
(4) Resolutions to amend the articles of association of the association must be approved by three-quarters of the members present; resolutions to dissolve the association must be approved by three-quarters of all members.
Article 8 Council
(1) The executive body of the association is the council, which is responsible for implementing the resolutions of the general meeting and daily specific meeting affairs.
(2) The Council shall be composed of at least three or more odd-numbered members, with one chairman, several vice-chairmen and several directors each. Each term of office is three years and may be re-elected.
(3) Council meetings are held every three months. Matters can be resolved only when more than half of the members of the Council are present at the meeting, and resolutions must be approved by an absolute majority of the members present to be valid.
Article 9 Board of Supervisors
(1) The supervisory body of the Association is the Supervisory Committee, which is responsible for supervising the daily operation and financial revenue and expenditure of the Council.
(2) The board of supervisors shall consist of at least three or more odd-numbered members, including one chairman of the board of supervisors, several vice-chairmen of the board of supervisors and several members of each board of supervisors. Each term of office is three years and may be re-elected.
(3) The supervisory board meeting is held every three months. Matters can only be resolved at the meeting when more than half of the members of the Supervisory Committee are present, and resolutions must be approved by an absolute majority of the members present to be valid.
Chapter4 Supplementary Provisions
Article 10 Source of Funds
The funds of the Association come from membership dues and sponsorship from people from all walks of life. If there are insufficient funds or special needs, the Council may decide to raise funds.